Mike Dorsey - Résumé
Southwest Airlines, Airport Security Group, Corporate Project Management Specialist, Dallas, Texas (May 2003 – Aug 2004)
- Created niche in aggressive, director-level team effort to stimulate operational efficiency during security technology deployment, collaborated on strategy with industry leaders, consulting professionals, and Transportation Security Administration officials.
- Contributed computer proficiency and comfort multi-tasking under pressure to create executive-level presentations and articulate achievable process improvements, generated coherent statistical analyses of airline operations, Customer flows, and cost data.
- Specialized in security checkpoint efficiency, developed and implemented creative solutions, i.e. ‘Tray Slide Device’ patent pending.
Austin College Student Government, Executive Staff, Treasurer, Sherman, Texas (2000 - 2001)
- Coordinated the allocation of a $135,000 budget to campus organizations, developed training programs to promote fiscal discipline.
- Designed a campus pavilion, spearheaded a dorm security program, gained approval to move an election polling site to the university.
American University in Cairo, Candidate for Master of Arts in Middle East Studies, Cairo, Egypt (Expected May 2005)
Austin College, Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and in International Studies, Sherman, Texas (May 2003)
- Investigating economic, political, and cultural issues impacting business development in the Middle East today. GMAT: 720.
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar, presenting my views at Rotary meetings in Egypt, seeking cultural fluency and Arabic skills.
Cistercian Preparatory School, Rigorous College Preparatory Education, Irving, Texas (1990-1999)
- Presidential scholar, received summa cum laude distinction, recognized by four honor societies, GPA: 3.91.
- Proficient in SpanishandFrench, gained liberal arts competency in business, economics, and international politics.
International Studies and Exposure:
- Attentive student, high academic ranking, elected toleadership and earned honors in competitive sports, current alumni class agent.
Latin America, Spanish Studies, Service, and Labor, Argentina, El Salvador, Mexico, Texas (Aug-Dec 2002, Dec 2001, June 1997)
Europe , Business, French, and Spanish Studies, 15 European countries (Jan – Dec 2002, June 2000, June 1998)
- Argentina: six months studying the catalysts of economic crisis at four universities in Buenos Aires, host family experience. El Salvador and Mexico: humanitarian trips. Texas: Summer employment with Spanish-speaking construction teams.
Asia, Published Independent Undergraduate Research, Mongolia, China, Japan, Russia (June – Aug 2001)
- Western Europe: one semester in a business university in Dijon France, international student representative, extensive independent travel experience, observed and gained appreciation for unique cultural values. Spain: dedicated two summers to cultural immersion, studied in the University of Salamanca, taught at a private school in Andalucia.
- Interviewed government and business leaders, gathered data for “The International Mongolian Economy...” Funded by the Freeman Foundation, report chosen for publication by the Southwest Conference for Asian Studies, where I presented my research.
Austin College Leadership Institute Scholar, Studied Models and Principles of Leadership, Sherman, Texas (1999 - 2003)
Director, Model United Nations,Six International Negotiation Conferences, East-West Center, Hawaii (1999 - 2004)
- Pursued academic and experiential learning, tutored high school math, received award scholarship for Outstanding Leadership and Service, coordinated intricate annual scholarship selection process, and collaborated to advance future evaluation methods.
- Directed intensive simulations of United Nations Commission on Trade and Development, delegate in five previous conferences in the US and Europe, gained skills in diplomacy, public-speaking, and constructive persuasion, built coalitions to formulate solutions.
Acquired greater world understanding through studies and experiences, sought to enhance talents as leader and innovator
- Gained appreciation for power of the pen, empowered to communicate effectively. Attained the rank of Eagle Scout.
- Energetic and self-motivated, earned $98K in scholarships to fund my education and international experiences. Gained analytical proficiency during two data-related internships, e-savvy. Learned skills in restaurant hospitality. Avid runner and novice scuba diver.
Order Didrex here.